If you live in or near Oklahoma City and are an educator, please make plans to attend our first-ever PLAYDATE professional development event Saturday, May 10th from 6 – 10 pm at John Marshall High School in OKCPS. Yes that’s right: It’s a DATE and we’re meeting AFTER supper from six to ten in the evening at school! Why would busy teachers do such a thing, you ask? Because we need time to PLAY and collaborate with new digital apps and tools, that’s why! Whether you are a public or private teacher, librarian, administrator, parent volunteer, or homeschooler, you’re invited to join us!
Our PLAYDATE OKC organizer team has created a fantastic schedule for the evening, with “play sessions” organized into three different rooms. The full session list with descriptions is now available online. Topics include:
- Session 1: Robotics, Stories, Stopmotion
- Session 2: MakeyMakey, Enhanced eBooks, Guided Presentations
- Session 3: Visual Notes, Coding, Narrated Slideshows
Remember, this is NOT a “regular conference.” The tagline of PLAYDATE is: “No presenters. No agendas. Just playing.” Read more background about PLAYDATE events on the PLAYDATE OKC Backstory page. Not sure if PLAYDATE is for you? Watch this 52 second video and decide.
We’ll have 40 iPads with session apps pre-installed for participants to use, but we encourage everyone to BYOD (bring your own devices) to each session if possible. The PLAYDATE OKC schedule includes recommended materials / supplies to bring to each session.
I hope to see you at PLAYDATE OKC in a little over a week on May 10th! Registration is FREE and available via EventBrite.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Create YouTube Channel with Custom URL (April 2013) - 2013
- Checking Algebra and Geometry Problems with WolframAlpha - 2012
- Hide FarmVille Status Updates on Facebook - 2010
- Help Needed! WordPress commenting isn't working (WordPress database error Duplicate entry) - 2009
- Visualizing Twitter - 2009
- Continuing dialog about creativity in schools, student technology skills and content filtering - 2008
- links for 2008-04-29 - 2008
- Collaboration in schools: More reasons we need it - 2007
- Import Garageband Audio at 44.1 - 2006
- Site visit UT College of Education: Year 3 of One to One Computing - 2005