I’ve presented similar sessions at this conference in the past titled, “Telling Your Mission Story with iPad Video” and “Be a Digital Witness for Jesus”. This year, by taking a focus that includes stories of faith but is more focused on “family oral history,” I’m hoping I will not scare my workshop session attendees as much. Although they shouldn’t, some Presbyterians tend to get nervous when people start talking about “sharing testimonies” and putting videos about your faith online on sites like YouTube. I’m going to share a brief clip from an audio interview I conducted in 2008 with Ella Mae Miller, a member of our church who was one of the first U.S. missionaries in Iran in the late 1940s and 1950s. It’s a pretty amazing interview, shared in three parts on “Stories of Christian Faith.”
by Wesley Fryer
I’ll audio record at least one of my two sessions and share it later as a free audio podcast.
Here is a list.ly list of the six iPhone audio recording and sharing apps I’m recommending in the session.
More of my referenced resources are available on my handouts wiki.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Scratch Day in Oklahoma City on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 2016
- Key Takeaways from WYTECC 2015 in Rock Springs, Wyoming - 2015
- Server Alerts Via SMS Gateway or GSM Modem: Unique Identifier Question - 2012
- Lessons Learned From An Immediate Social Network Sharing Button - 2012
- Why was Osama Bin Laden Buried at Sea? - 2011
- NCLB was designed to define public schools as failures - 2010
- WordPress commenting restored thanks to phpMyAdmin table repair - 2009
- PodStock09 Stories - 2009
- Podcasts and Intellectual Property by Glenn Wiebe - 2009
- Students as Self-Advocates: Why/How Learners Should Craft Their Own Digital Footprints by Ginger Lumen - 2009