I’ve presented similar sessions at this conference in the past titled, “Telling Your Mission Story with iPad Video” and “Be a Digital Witness for Jesus”. This year, by taking a focus that includes stories of faith but is more focused on “family oral history,” I’m hoping I will not scare my workshop session attendees as much. Although they shouldn’t, some Presbyterians tend to get nervous when people start talking about “sharing testimonies” and putting videos about your faith online on sites like YouTube. I’m going to share a brief clip from an audio interview I conducted in 2008 with Ella Mae Miller, a member of our church who was one of the first U.S. missionaries in Iran in the late 1940s and 1950s. It’s a pretty amazing interview, shared in three parts on “Stories of Christian Faith.”
by Wesley Fryer
I’ll audio record at least one of my two sessions and share it later as a free audio podcast.
Here is a list.ly list of the six iPhone audio recording and sharing apps I’m recommending in the session.
More of my referenced resources are available on my handouts wiki.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Scratch Day in Oklahoma City on Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 2016
- Key Takeaways from WYTECC 2015 in Rock Springs, Wyoming - 2015
- Server Alerts Via SMS Gateway or GSM Modem: Unique Identifier Question - 2012
- Lessons Learned From An Immediate Social Network Sharing Button - 2012
- Why was Osama Bin Laden Buried at Sea? - 2011
- NCLB was designed to define public schools as failures - 2010
- WordPress commenting restored thanks to phpMyAdmin table repair - 2009
- PodStock09 Stories - 2009
- Podcasts and Intellectual Property by Glenn Wiebe - 2009
- Students as Self-Advocates: Why/How Learners Should Craft Their Own Digital Footprints by Ginger Lumen - 2009