by Wesley Fryer
I love Thunderbolt and Firewire800 transfer speeds! Now common external hard drives hold terabytes of data, and 10+ GB of files can transfer between devices in less than five minutes. This was unimaginable (by most of us not REALLY understanding Moore’s law as it applies to file transfer speeds) just ten years ago… maybe even five years ago. Amazing.
Mac laptop + Thunderbolt to Firewire Adapter + External Firewire hard drive = File Transfer bliss.
I’m doing a clean install of all the software applications on my MacBook Air laptop on a slightly larger hard drive. All my previously installed software applications as well as my running list of re-installed apps (12 so far this evening) are listed on my Mac Apps page. For some reason MinecraftEDU won’t launch for me with Java 7 installed, but I’m not going to troubleshoot that further tonight…
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Essential Technology Support Staff Skills and Characteristics - 2019
- Recent College Grads Wanted More Tech Classes - 2012
- Advice for a College Graduate - 2012
- From a church talent show to the Ellen DeGeneres Show: YouTube fame for an Edmond 6th grader - 2010
- Ideas on Human Motivation shared via StopMotion and Creative Drawing - 2010
- Access Flash websites on an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch (including Webkinz and Club Penguin) - 2010
- Welcome to the Social Media Revolution (video) - 2010
- Never underestimate the value of becoming a published author in 1st grade - 2010
- The lure of iReporter fame encourages dangerous tornado chasing - 2009
- Talkin' bout the revolution... - 2008