by Wesley Fryer
I love Thunderbolt and Firewire800 transfer speeds! Now common external hard drives hold terabytes of data, and 10+ GB of files can transfer between devices in less than five minutes. This was unimaginable (by most of us not REALLY understanding Moore’s law as it applies to file transfer speeds) just ten years ago… maybe even five years ago. Amazing.
Mac laptop + Thunderbolt to Firewire Adapter + External Firewire hard drive = File Transfer bliss.
I’m doing a clean install of all the software applications on my MacBook Air laptop on a slightly larger hard drive. All my previously installed software applications as well as my running list of re-installed apps (12 so far this evening) are listed on my Mac Apps page. For some reason MinecraftEDU won’t launch for me with Java 7 installed, but I’m not going to troubleshoot that further tonight…
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Recent College Grads Wanted More Tech Classes - 2012
- Advice for a College Graduate - 2012
- From a church talent show to the Ellen DeGeneres Show: YouTube fame for an Edmond 6th grader - 2010
- Ideas on Human Motivation shared via StopMotion and Creative Drawing - 2010
- Access Flash websites on an iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch (including Webkinz and Club Penguin) - 2010
- Welcome to the Social Media Revolution (video) - 2010
- Never underestimate the value of becoming a published author in 1st grade - 2010
- The lure of iReporter fame encourages dangerous tornado chasing - 2009
- Talkin' bout the revolution... - 2008
- Article consumption on the go - 2008