Today I’m making final arrangements and tweaks to the “MinecraftEDU Orienteering Challenge” my 4th and 5th grade STEM students will be completing this week in class. As I moved this saved world to the school computers I’m using as MinecraftEDU servers I recorded a short (just under 5 minutes) screencast, using Screencast-o-Matic, showing the steps for doing this. I use an Apple and a Dell computer as MinecraftEDU servers, but recorded this screencast on the Dell. The steps on each are the same, the file path to the “saved maps” folder is different but the MinecraftEDU server tool provides a handy menu option to directly open it on either type of computer.
Download the MinecraftEDU “Orienteering Challenge” and access handouts/links related to this project on my MinecraftEDU STEM resource page.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- MinecraftEDU student computer (client) configuration - 2014
- Google Chrome & Homebase" Computer Lab Setup - 2014
- Reflections on Graduation Rituals, Celebrations, College Debts and a Ph.D. - 2012
- Wow - 2010
- Summarizing copyright and fair use with a mashup of Disney movie clips - 2010
- Looking beyond coercion, tests and seat time - 2008
- links for 2008-05-19 - 2008
- Video in schools and underlying pedagogies - 2006
- Google Trends and Data Analysis - 2006
- No cross-post this week - 2006