I used free KidBlog websites this school year with my 22 classes of 4th and 5th grade STEM students, so they could periodically post text reflections, images, audio reflections, and links to videos we used in class for STEM lessons. Since the school year is over, it’s time to “archive” these classes.
This evening I used free client software from Screencast-O-Matic to create a 3.5 minute YouTube tutorial showing how to “archive” a KidBlog website at the end of the school year when students are finished posting to the site and won’t post to it any more. After a KidBlog site is archived, posts and comments are still available to view but new ones can’t be added. It’s possible to UNARCHIVE (re-activate) a Kidblog if for some reason someone needs to add new content to the site.
Learn more about using KidBlog and other, similar digital tools on the “Interactive Writing” page of my Mapping Media website.
by Wesley Fryer
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Visualizing Inside and Outside Sharing - 2016
- Digital Neighborhood Watch (Nextdoor.com) & Model Use of Twitter by Local Police - 2015
- What We Can Learn from Oklahoma's Repeal of Common Core - 2014
- Fun with Visual Charades and Narrated Slideshows Based on Fairy Tales - 2012
- Resources for Students Developing Mobile Apps #edapp - 2011
- Podcast349: Crisis in the School: Redesigning the Delivery Model by Steve Wyckoff - 2010
- Yesvideo.com converts analog media to digital - 2010
- Flickr now displays video formatted for #ipad - 2010
- Preparing for a week of Travian sitting - 2009
- Public Service Announcements To Combat Meth - 2009