This audio podcast is a recording of two “Ignite” presentations by Wesley Fryer in July 2014. Ignite presentations are five minutes long, with presenters using 15 slides shown for 15 seconds each. The first Ignite in this podcast is Wes’ opening Ignite presentation on July 15, 2014, at the Create, Make and Learn (CML) Institute in Burlington, Vermont. Create, Make and Learn is a five day professional development institute for educators organized by Lucie deLaBruere. The second Ignite was shared on July 9, 2014, at iPad Media Camp in Manhattan, Kansas. This was originally planned as a practice run for the CML Institute, but Wes ended up not using this new Ignite in Vermont and using slides from his ISTE 2013 Ignite presentation (“Open the Door”) instead. Check the podcast shownotes for referenced links and resources.
- Ignite Presentation format (WikiPedia)
- Create Make and Learn 2014 Inspire Presentation Slides: On Haiku Deck and SlideShare
- YouTube video of this presentation at ISTE 2013 (same slides, but slightly different audio & message)
- Create, Make and Learn Institute
- Lucie deLaBruere (@techsavvygirl)
- generator = art + technology (The Generator Maker Space fosters creators, collaborators and entrepreneurs at the intersection of art and technology with tools, workspace and education.)
- Making Media Workshop session resources by Wesley Fryer at Create, Make and Learn 2014
- Green Screen Video on iPad Workshop Resources
- Intro to Minecraft Workshop Resources at CML 2014 by Kevin Jarrett (@kjarrett)
- Tweets from Create, Make and Learn 2014 (#CML14)
- iPad Media Camp July 2014 Inspire Presentation Slides: On Haiku Deck
- iPad Media Camp website
- July 2014 iPad Media Camp Curriculum
- Technology adoption lifecycle (WikiPedia)
- K-12 Online Conference
- Pocketcasts App for iOS and Android
- Edreach.us (Educational Podcasting Network)
- Flipboard app (free – for iOS and Android)
- Austin iOS Summit (Oct 18-19, 2014)
- EdTechTeam Global Summits featuring Google for Education
- Google Teacher Academy
- Wes’ Education Yoda’s Twitter List Members
- EdCamp Wiki
- PLAYDATE Chicago – PLAYDATE Oklahoma City
- STEM seeds: a community of STEM teacher sharing lesson ideas (@STEMseeds)
- Podstock Conference by ESSDACK (Wichita, Kansas)
- iPadPalooza (Austin, Texas)
- Miami Device – Mobile Learning Event (Nov 6-7, 2014)
- Mobile Learning Experience (June 10-12, 2015 in Tucson, Arizona)
- Show Your Work! a book by Austin Kleon (@austinkleon)
- Fuel for Educational Change Agents (Wes’ secondary podcast channel)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcasts!
All past “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcast episodes are archived, dating back to August 2005.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Cautiously Optimistic About Iran and United States Relations - 2015
- Students Teach About Redstone Wiring in Minecraft - 2014
- Summertime and the Learning is Easy? - 2010
- Wanna Hitch? Tether Your Android or Blackberry Phone - 2010
- Technology Professional Development and Chocolate Cake - 2009
- EdTechTalk: Join our conversation about Netflix-style social networking about books for KIDS! - 2008
- links for 2008-07-16 - 2008
- Digital storytelling ideas from David and Dean - 2007
- Virtual Speed Dating (Web 2.0 style) intro - 2007
- About being Canadian - 2006