This podcast from the road is an audio reflection by Shelly and Wesley Fryer about their experiences at the 2014 Create, Make & Learn Professional Development Institute in Burlington, Vermont. Shelly and Wes discuss how CML14 was setup differently from typical conferences and PD events, letting participants self-select workshops and sessions which best matched their individual learning goals. They discuss different Maker Education (MakerEd) projects they completed and learned about during the week, including jitterbug robots, green-screen videos, MinecraftEDU lessons, and more. Check the podcast shownotes for referenced website resources.
- Create, Make and Learn Institute (main website)
- Lucie deLaBruere (@techsavvygirl)
- Shelly Fryer (@sfryer)
- Wesley Fryer (@wfryer)
- generator = art + technology (The Generator Maker Space fosters creators, collaborators and entrepreneurs at the intersection of art and technology with tools, workspace and education.)
- Making Media Workshop session resources by Wesley Fryer at Create, Make and Learn 2014
- Green Screen Video on iPad Workshop Resources
- Intro to Minecraft Workshop Resources at CML 2014 by Kevin Jarrett (@kjarrett)
- Tweets from Create, Make and Learn 2014 (#CML14)
- K-12 Online Conference
- Fuel for Educational Change Agents (Wes’ secondary podcast channel)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcasts!
All past “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcast episodes are archived, dating back to August 2005.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Understanding the Weaponization of News Media with danah boyd - 2018
- Podcasting Options with WordPress - 2015
- Migrating from Podcast Generator to WordPress and Podlove - 2013
- Barnes & Noble Nook eBook Store: A Click Away from "Adult" Content - 2012
- 17 Embedded Videos and Screencasts in Playing with Media EPUB eBook - 2011
- Is your state department of education providing full text RSS / web feeds yet? - 2010
- Coming in November 2010: Harry Potter 7 (Part 1) - 2010
- We need a Government 2.0 Election App for Voters - 2010
- Learning, memory, stories, and books to read - 2009
- Thoughts about an after school Scratch club - 2009