This podcast from the road is an audio reflection by Shelly and Wesley Fryer about their experiences at the 2014 Create, Make & Learn Professional Development Institute in Burlington, Vermont. Shelly and Wes discuss how CML14 was setup differently from typical conferences and PD events, letting participants self-select workshops and sessions which best matched their individual learning goals. They discuss different Maker Education (MakerEd) projects they completed and learned about during the week, including jitterbug robots, green-screen videos, MinecraftEDU lessons, and more. Check the podcast shownotes for referenced website resources.
- Create, Make and Learn Institute (main website)
- Lucie deLaBruere (@techsavvygirl)
- Shelly Fryer (@sfryer)
- Wesley Fryer (@wfryer)
- generator = art + technology (The Generator Maker Space fosters creators, collaborators and entrepreneurs at the intersection of art and technology with tools, workspace and education.)
- Making Media Workshop session resources by Wesley Fryer at Create, Make and Learn 2014
- Green Screen Video on iPad Workshop Resources
- Intro to Minecraft Workshop Resources at CML 2014 by Kevin Jarrett (@kjarrett)
- Tweets from Create, Make and Learn 2014 (#CML14)
- K-12 Online Conference
- Fuel for Educational Change Agents (Wes’ secondary podcast channel)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcasts!
Please support my STEM classroom Donor's Choose project: "Applying STEM Skills with Robotic Sphero Balls. Use the promo code INSPIRE at checkout to double your donation (up to $100) thanks to a match from DonorsChoose.org.
Did you know Wes has published 3 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out!Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Common Core / Curriculum."
On this day..
- Migrating from Podcast Generator to WordPress and Podlove - 2013
- Barnes & Noble Nook eBook Store: A Click Away from "Adult" Content - 2012
- 17 Embedded Videos and Screencasts in Playing with Media EPUB eBook - 2011
- Is your state department of education providing full text RSS / web feeds yet? - 2010
- Coming in November 2010: Harry Potter 7 (Part 1) - 2010
- We need a Government 2.0 Election App for Voters - 2010
- Learning, memory, stories, and books to read - 2009
- Thoughts about an after school Scratch club - 2009
- Fish4Info, Mike Schmoker, Robert Marzo, and School Change - 2008
- Podcast266: Open Minds, Open Education, and a View of Open Culture by David Thornburg (NECC 2008) - 2008