This podcast from the road is an audio reflection by Shelly and Wesley Fryer about their experiences at the 2014 Create, Make & Learn Professional Development Institute in Burlington, Vermont. Shelly and Wes discuss how CML14 was setup differently from typical conferences and PD events, letting participants self-select workshops and sessions which best matched their individual learning goals. They discuss different Maker Education (MakerEd) projects they completed and learned about during the week, including jitterbug robots, green-screen videos, MinecraftEDU lessons, and more. Check the podcast shownotes for referenced website resources.
- Create, Make and Learn Institute (main website)
- Lucie deLaBruere (@techsavvygirl)
- Shelly Fryer (@sfryer)
- Wesley Fryer (@wfryer)
- generator = art + technology (The Generator Maker Space fosters creators, collaborators and entrepreneurs at the intersection of art and technology with tools, workspace and education.)
- Making Media Workshop session resources by Wesley Fryer at Create, Make and Learn 2014
- Green Screen Video on iPad Workshop Resources
- Intro to Minecraft Workshop Resources at CML 2014 by Kevin Jarrett (@kjarrett)
- Tweets from Create, Make and Learn 2014 (#CML14)
- K-12 Online Conference
- Fuel for Educational Change Agents (Wes’ secondary podcast channel)
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcasts!
Did you know Wes has published 9 eBooks, and 1 of them is available free? Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Migrating from Podcast Generator to WordPress and Podlove - 2013
- Barnes & Noble Nook eBook Store: A Click Away from "Adult" Content - 2012
- 17 Embedded Videos and Screencasts in Playing with Media EPUB eBook - 2011
- Is your state department of education providing full text RSS / web feeds yet? - 2010
- Coming in November 2010: Harry Potter 7 (Part 1) - 2010
- We need a Government 2.0 Election App for Voters - 2010
- Learning, memory, stories, and books to read - 2009
- Thoughts about an after school Scratch club - 2009
- Fish4Info, Mike Schmoker, Robert Marzo, and School Change - 2008
- Podcast266: Open Minds, Open Education, and a View of Open Culture by David Thornburg (NECC 2008) - 2008