Friday I had an opportunity to share a videoconference about iPad Videography from my home in Oklahoma City with a group of about 15 homeschoolers in Nenana, Alaska, which is almost 4000 miles away.
by Wesley Fryer
It blows my mind that it’s possible to teach and share like this.
I posted the recorded audio from the session to my “Fuel for Educational Change Agents” secondary podcast channel. In the session I introduced participants to the use of the free “YouTube Capture” app for trimming videos, making video collages by combining clips, adding copyright-friendly music clips to videos, and publishing to YouTube. I also introduced the basics of using the iMovie for iPad app. I created a Google Doc of referenced links for the session, which included the “Quick Edit Video” page of Mapping Media, and the “Quick Edit Videography” webpage from my August 2014 iPad Media Camp curriculum wiki.
A full list of the 14 different workshops I offer via videoconference through the CILC is available, including my newest addition: “Minecraft and MinecraftEDU in the Classroom.”
I’ve videoconferenced for workshops to Alaska previously, so Friday wasn’t the first time for this, but it’s still pretty amazing. Maybe someday this kind of thing will seem “normal” and “like old hat,” but at this point it still seems a LOT like living in “The Jetsons” television show. 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Provide Family Tech Support FREE with Teamviewer - 2020
- Copying the Textbook is NOT an Acceptable Assignment - 2012
- New Video Editing Options with YouTube's Browser-based Editor and Magisto - 2011
- Making the Case for Sharing Curriculum Openly Online - 2011
- Radio Program for Playing with Media? - 2011
- World Expo Shanghai (a VoiceThread digital story) - 2010
- Create animated cartoon videos with GoAnimate #learning2cn - 2010
- Takeaways from the 21st Century Learning @ Hong Kong Conference - 2009
- New South Wales: The One to Watch as a Scaled 1:1 Deployment - 2009
- Mysterious Macbook mouse button problem - 2007