For at least the past year I’ve been wanting to create a space online where I can teach and share video-based lessons about a variety of different media apps, websites, and sharing techniques. I’d considered creating something like “Speed of Creativity University,” but my wife thought that sounded too formal. Two weeks ago at the Write Well, Sell Well Conference for Writers in Oklahoma City, I was incredibly inspired by Christopher Maselli, his presentations on social media, and his own video-based membership website for writers, WritingMomentum.com. In a moment of inspiration last week, I decided it might be great to get my new site ready for its initial rollout at the Miami Device Conference, which starts tomorrow in Coconut Grove, Florida. After MANY hours of work setting up the website last weekend and during late nights the last two days, I’m pleased to announce the PlayingWithMedia.com Video Library is online and now open for business! I’m using unlisted videos on YouTube, WordPress, along with iThemes Exchange for the e-commerce/membership portion of the site. I’m sharing the following flyer and discount code at Miami Device Thursday and Friday which you’re welcome to also utilize if you want, and share with others.
by Wesley Fryer
I’ll be adding more videos to the site in the weeks and months to come. If you have any questions or feedback about the site please let me know. I’m excited to finally have a video-based membership site available which others can use to learn a wide variety of multimedia creation and sharing techniques.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Normalizing Audio in an iPad Paper Slide Video with Auphonic - 2016
- Podcast448: Artificial Reality, Free Online Learning Channels & STEAM Studio - 2016
- Pushing Free and Paid iPad Apps using Meraki MDM - 2015
- Make Marvelous Movies by Tony Vincent - 2014
- Enhanced iPad Videos by Greg Kulowiec at Miami Device 2014 - 2014
- Sketchnote of Show What You Know With Media by Silvia Tolisano - 2014
- Show What You Know with Media - 2014
- Beware of iPhone "Melt" App Email and SMS Spam - 2013
- Notes from Gary Stager's Keynote: 2012 Interactive Learning Institute #k20ili - 2012
- This Is What Learning Looks Like by Gary Stager (Nov 2012) - 2012