Our youngest daughter, Rachel, is 11 years old and absolutely loves going sledding whenever we have snow (or even sleet!) in Oklahoma City. Today we went sledding in our 2.5 inches of snow that fell on Sunday and gave us all a “snow day” from school, and I created a new iMovie trailer of our adventures using the “Coming of Age” theme.
Contrast that iMovie trailer with my February 2013 video, “Sleet Sledding,” created with the “Teen” iMovie trailer theme.
Those are both very fun videos, and provided good excuses for me to “play” with the iMovie Trailer options on my iPhone. My favorite family sledding video of all time, however, remains “Sledding with Rachel and Jake in Oklahoma” from January 2010 when we still lived in Edmond, Oklahoma. We shot that video with a flip-style video camcorder and uploaded the unedited clip. It’s my favorite not only because that was a GREAT snow and ice storm for sledding (and our street was ideal for sled runs) but also because it features our late golden retriever Jake, who we lost over a year ago and dearly miss. How wonderful that Jake’s enthusiasm for his tennis ball and “the Chuck It” can live on through that video!
I created a YouTube playlist of our past “Snow Day” videos, and realized I’d also created a third iMovie trailer of sledding fun in December of 2013. That one used the “Adrenaline” iMovie trailer theme, and is certainly the most exciting version. That was also the biggest snowfall we’ve had since we moved into Oklahoma City.
by Wesley Fryer
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Identity, Bias, Differences and Change - 2014
- Share Your Ideas: Platforms for Publishing #globaled10 - 2010
- Privacy Implications of your Social Graph on Facebook #cwf2010 - 2010
- Advice for Parents: How to Encourage Creativity in Your Child #cwf2010 - 2010
- Amazing iPad Digital Drawings at the Creativity World Forum #cwf2010 - 2010
- Legos, Creativity, and the Oklahoma City Lego Store - 2010
- Are We Ready to Innovate? Closing Creativity World Forum Session #cwf2010 - 2010
- imagination conversations: a project of the Lincoln Center Institute #cwf2010 - 2010
- The Power of Deep Structure by Andrew Zolli #cwf2010 - 2010
- From Imagination to Innovation: Creativity World Forum #cwf2010 - 2010