One of my 5th grade STEM students this semester, Phoebie, did a great job in the MinecraftEDU station of our Maker’s Studio this month. Students used the “Water Challenge Remix” world and project in MinecraftEDU to create irrigation canals and cultivated fields where they could grow wheat and make bread to survive. Phoebie did an awesome job with this MinecraftEDU challenge! Here’s a screenshot of what she built. Usually students work in teams on challenges like this, but Phoebie was the only person in her class who chose MinecraftEDU as their Maker Studio station/center during our last rotation of the semester.
by Wesley Fryer
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Give the Gift of Digital Security to Your Family - 2016
- Register for EdCampOKC 2016 Coming March 5th - 2015
- Google Calendar Appointment Slot Double Booking Mystery - 2012
- Our Inadequate Internet Infrastructure - 2010
- WordPress 2.9 adds image editing and video embedding via oEmbed - 2009
- Ustreaming with multiple local mics and remote callers via Skype - 2009
- Discussing eBooks, the Kindle, and the iPhone Amazon Application via Ustream - 2009
- Restored blog access and reflections on the psychology of daily blogging - 2008
- Considering options for a COV digital backpack camera upgrade - 2008
- Novelty and curiosity essential for engagement and learning - 2007