Last night during our Google Hangout about volunteer opportunities for the 2015 K-12 Online Conference, Karen Fasimpaur (@kfasimpaur) mentioned the possibility of using Vialogues or other websites to embed discussions about K-12 Online Conference presentation videos into the actual videos. Several other options were brought up by participants in our live TitanPad-powered chat. I hadn’t heard of Vialogues previously, but have heard of similar websites. Here are the websites and web tools I’ve encountered to date which offer this kind of functionality, to create questions for students, conference participants, or others which are linked to direct time stamps in a video:
Have you had experiences (positive or negative) using any of these tools with your own students, or in other online conferences / events? Are there other good websites/tools which should be included in this list?
If you missed last night’s #K12Online15 Google Hangout, please check out the archived video on YouTube as well as the TitanPad document embedded below it. We’d love to have you help out as a volunteer for the 2015 conference. I think it would be great if some volunteers can figure out how to use one of these websites to deepen and improve conversations around the video presentations in the conference!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- iPad App Smashing Green Screen Videos from YouTube - 2016
- Block Video Ads in YouTube - 2014
- Create a Custom Google Gadget for Blogger or Google Sites - 2012
- 10 Slots Remain for Celebrate Oklahoma Voices Workshop in Yukon: 19-21 Jan 2011 - 2011
- What websites should be whitelisted on school content filters? - 2011
- Oklahoma Political Themes: Fire Rural School Superintendents and Overpaid State Physicians - 2011
- Great first impressions of videoconferencing via Google Chat - 2009
- Discussing the documentary Crystal Darkness at UCO with Oklahoma A+ Schools - 2009
- Join me on Ustream from UCO Tuesday for the Crystal Darkness Documentary Post-Show - 2009
- Response to a newspaper editor, Buddy Pearson, on social networking experiences - 2008