Today our family visited the Farmer’s Market in Manhattan, Kansas. I was very interested to visit with Ashli Shockley, the creator of Sock Drawer Puppets. I’m a big fan of students using puppets to create puppet videos, and I’ve included puppet videos as a media product in the Mapping Media to the Curriculum digital literacy framework. I asked Ashli if I could interview her to learn a little more about her unique sock puppets, and also what her experiences have been as an entrepreneur selling her creations at local markets as well as online with Etsy. Our recorded interview is 3.5 minutes long. Check it out and consider ordering a sock drawer puppet from Ashli once her Etsy store is back open next week!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Inside and Outside Digital Sharing - 2016
- Download & Use Vine Videos in iPad Media Projects - 2015
- Free Workshop in Oklahoma City Fri Jan 18: Creating Multimedia eBooks - 2013
- Oklahoma City PS Students: Enroll in Virtual Classes for Fall 2013 by Feb 8th - 2013
- Supplemental Oklahoma Rules for K-12 Online Courses - 2012
- Avoiding AT&T's Ridiculous iPhone Data Fees by Switching to T-Mobile - 2012
- Is it right to decide to make your children famous? - 2011
- “Learning in a Networked World: For Our Students and For Ourselves #teach21esc16 - 2011
- Connected Learning Communities: Learning and Leading in a Digital Age #teach21esc16 - 2011
- Storychasing the 2010 Trappers Rendezvous - 2010