Wednesday after school I shared a few different iPad apps and a great STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) drawing device with our art teacher at school whose classroom is just down the hall from me. Here’s the list of links I sent her afterward as a follow-up, along with a few other videos and related resources. My complete list of fall 2014 iPad apps for my STEM classroom is available on List.ly.
- More information is available on the official app website: http://procreate.si/
- This $10 online course about ProCreate brushes from Art Study Online looks fantastic, and I may take this later in the spring.
Singing Fingers (free)
This is a good, short video on Singing Fingers and what it can do:
This is a video about the Drawdio pencil I ordered but haven’t put together yet, I think this is going to be VERY cool and something I’ll show Rita as well: (Rita is our school music teacher)
I ordered this kit for about $20 with shipping from Adafruit:
Super-Awesome Maker Sylvia did her first show about the Drawdio back in 2010, so it must be cool! I can’t wait to show this to my STEM students and let my Maker’s Club kids play with the Drawdio in February!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Document Your World With HyperLapse Videos - 2015
- Improving Student Writing Using iPads - 2014
- Use Appointment Slots on a Google Calendar - 2012
- Creative Math Word Problems about Rock Climbing & Mountaineering #favlesson - 2012
- Underwhelmed by iBooks Author Software - 2012
- A Creative Professional Resume on Prezi - 2011
- Considering Options to Reduce Monthly Wireless Bills - 2011
- Beatings, Electric Shock and Death for Internet Addicted Chinese Youth - 2010
- Why don't more teachers integrate technology more effectively? - 2010
- Mind blowing photo resolution from the inauguration - 2009