This is a snow day radio show / podcast from March 4, 2015, with Shelly and Wesley Fryer. We discuss recent projects Shelly’s students have been doing in their 1:1 iPad 3rd and 4th grade classroom, some lessons learned from the “iPad Books and Videos” workshop we co-facilitated last week with elementary teachers, last night’s Education Forum with Joy Hofmeister, and our dreams for creating Makerspaces in our classrooms. We recorded this as a “1 take” radio show on an iPad using the free app, Voice Recorder Pro, saved it as a video to the photo roll, and published it directly to YouTube with the YouTube Capture app. We downloaded the video on a laptop with http://en.savefrom.net, and converted it to a mp3 audio file with podcast meta-tags using Auphonic.com. Check the podcast shownotes for links to referenced resources from the show.
- YouTube video version of this Radio Show / Audio Podcast episode
- Shelly Fryer on Twitter: @sfryer
- Shelly’s classroom “home base” website: classroom.shellyfryer.com
- Wesley Fryer on Twitter: @wfryer
- Wes’ classroom “home base” website: stem.wesfryer.com
- VIDEO: Harriet Tubman Poems
- Black History Biography Projects by Shelly’s 3rd and 4th graders (YouTube playlist)
- Classroom Research eBooks for Black History Month (YouTube playlist)
- Book Creator for iPad app
- Voice Record Pro iPad App (free)
- VIDEO: Jitterbug Dance Party: A STEM powered project!
- iPad Books and Videos (curriculum links from February 2015 workshop facilitated by Shelly and Wes)
- Photos from Shelly’s recent class field trip to the Oklahoma Science Museum (Makerspace inspiration!)
- Group Building Design Challenge (from @STEMseeds)
- State Schools Chief to Appear at ‘Oklahoma Watch-Out’ Forum (@OklahomaWatch)
- Show What You Know With Media: What Do You Want to Create Today?
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcasts!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- EduBrawl! Pros Debate Mobile, Flipped and Games - 2013
- Podcast389: Improving Literacy with Media in Higher Education - 2012
- iPad: A Tool for Differentiation (in a primary classroom) #mace11 #edapp - 2011
- The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Founding Fathers (a book club discussion) - 2010
- Two Flowers Unblocks Ning - 2010
- Web 2.0 Projects by Laura Sadler #mace2010 - 2010
- Cell Phones R 4 More Than Texting: Let's plan for them, not ban them! - 2010
- Free Resources from Discovery Education #mace2010 - 2010
- Janet Wozniak: Think back to the reason you got into education: To change the world - 2010
- It takes leadership to get creative in schools and support the use of Skype - 2010