Update 4/16/2015: I emailed Rachel’s teacher and she decided to change her policy on late work and redone assignments. She is going to accept late work with a penalty and redone assignments within a reasonable time limit.
The following tweet (which I’ve archived as an image on Flickr using the free Chrome extension “Awesome Screenshot”) received a bigger response than anything I’ve shared in a long time. Our daughter had me sign this progress report after dinner tonight. Sadly I think these kinds of justifications are still common in many classrooms. I’m contacting her teacher to request that she consider changing her policy.
— Laura Oakes (@LauraOakes31) April 13, 2015
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Glimpsing the Future with Alec Ross - 2016
- In Oklahoma Education, We Have to Stop Pretending - 2015
- Photos from #mobile2012 in Phoenix, Arizona - 2012
- Education as a Superstructure by Graham Brown-Martin - 2012
- iGeography by Jenny Ashby (Workflows for Learning with iPads) - 2012
- Combining 21st Century Skills, Project Based Learning, and iPads - 2012
- Collaboration in Hand with iPads by Tony Vincent - 2012
- Podcast376: Reflections on the 2011 Intellectual Warrior's Conference - 2011
- Cognitive dissonance from the school internet filtering message - 2010
- Podcast343: Reflections on Race to the Top, State Charter School Laws, and Linking Teacher Performance to Student Test Scores - 2010