Summer 2015 will be my fourth year to present and lead 3 day iPad Media Camp professional development workshops. This summer iPad Media Camp will be offered six times, and three of these sessions are open for public registration. These include:
- 17-19 June 2015 (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
- 20-22 July 2015 (Olathe, Kansas)
- 3-5 August 2015 (Manhattan, Kansas)
Online registration is now available for all three of these sessions. Registration for the June and July sessions is available via EventBrite, while the August session registration is being handled by Kansas State University. iPad Media Camp is my favorite model for teacher professional development because it is so transformative. I have received more positive feedback from teachers during and following these workshops than any other PD sessions I’ve offered. A 2014 iPad Media Camper wrote this on her evaluation of the 3 day experience:
If you are interested in coming up with innovative ways to engage your students in class with media they are truly interested in, you need to attend this camp. The things I’ve learned in this camp, and others taught by Wes, have made my class exciting for kids to attend and helped make them responsible media creators.
The focus for each day’s media products in iPad Media Camp has changed slightly for 2015, with the addition of Green Screen Videography as well as Visual Notetaking. Here are the daily topics, which are explained in more detail on the Agenda page of iPadMediaCamp.com:
- Day 1: Narrated Art, Visual Notetaking and Narrated Slideshows
- Day 2: Quick Edit and Green Screen Videography
- Day 3: Interactive Writing and eBooks
I’ve created a one page flyer, available in PDF format, which you are welcome to forward and share with others you know who might be interested in attending an iPad Media Camp this summer. I deeply appreciate any assistance you can give me in helping get the word out about iPad Media Camps in summer 2015!
by Wesley Fryer
Also check out the updated “required apps page” for summer 2015 iPad Media Camps. I’ve made several changes. New Day 1 apps include:
I also added Green Screen by Do Ink ($3) as a required Day 2 app. Day 3 apps are the same as last year.
I hope to see you at iPad Media Camp this summer!
by Wesley Fryer
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Why Connected Camps ROCKS for Minecraft After School - 2016
- Oklahoma Digital Learning Summit 2012: In Tweets - 2012
- Closing Session Recommendations & Learning Points: 2012 Oklahoma Digital Learning Summit - 2012
- Conversations about Quality Content in Online / Blended Learning Contexts: 20 April 2012 - 2012
- Conversations about Quality Content in Online / Blended Learning Contexts: 19 April 2012 - 2012
- Spectacular Scenes of Controlled Burning on the Kansas Prairie - 2011
- Podcast377: iPad Stylus Recommendations from Kevin Helmer - 2011
- Super Digital Stories from Celebrate Texas Voices in Lubbock - 2011
- Mandatory Reading for School Reformers and Transformers: Alvin Toffler's 2007 Interview in EduTopia - 2010
- Do District IT Staff Spout FUD at Macs, Linux, or BYOT Proposals? - 2010