Thanks to everyone for your prayers the past couple months. I am excited to announce I’ve accepted a new position, which starts in July, as the Director of Technology for Casady School in Oklahoma City. Casady is an independent PK-12 school, and I am very excited about the opportunities and challenges this role will present. I have loved teaching STEM the past two years in Yukon Public Schools at Independence Elementary, and I will miss many of the colleagues and friends I’ve made the past four years working in Yukon. I’ll also miss my students. It has been wonderful to have the chance to help so many develop a deeper interest in STEM and becoming “Makers” together.
In leading the technology department at Casady I will have many responsibilities, and these will include working with teachers on technology integration strategies. Casady School is about five minutes from our house in northwest Oklahoma City, so that will be a big change from the 25 minute commute to Yukon.
June for me and our family will be filled with a variety of professional development workshops and presentations here in Oklahoma and elsewhere. It’s worked out well that the vast majority of my summer consulting commitments are in June. These are listed and linked on wiki.wesfryer.com. If you’d like to stay updated on my educational technology related learning and work, please follow me on Twitter @wfryer. I’ll continue to use my Facebook page for personal updates. Learn more about Casady School on www.casady.org.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Directly Download an Enhanced ePUB eBook to Your iPad - 2012
- YouTube is the new Cable Channel Platform - 2012
- Working with Free eBooks on Kindle for iPad NOT from Amazon.com - 2011
- Digital Storytelling in Plain English - 2010
- Skirky and Pink on Cognitive Surplus, Motivation & Social Media - 2010
- Kansas Teachers: Register for Celebrate Kansas Voices (CKV) 4-6 August 2010! - 2010
- What does 21st century literacy prep mean 2U? - 2010
- Leave shopping loyalty cards at home - just bring your smartphone and Cardstar - 2010
- Howe 2008: The Last Lecture - 2008
- links for 2008-05-24 - 2008