This afternoon during the “Hack Education” event at the 2015 ISTE Conference in Philadelphia, I was interviewed by Chris Davis (@chrisdaviscng) about using media to document classroom learning. Chris is conducting a series of audio interviews at ISTE this year for the “Journeys in Podcasting” project he’s continuing with Natalia Leon (third grade teacher) and Diego Lopez (technology integrator) at their school in Bogotá, Colombia. (Colegio Nueva Granada) Afterward, I asked Chris if he’d be willing to briefly let me interview him about the podcasting project. It’s fairly rare, in my experience, to find other educators who are passionate about audio podcasting and using it for professional development in schools. Our interview is about 2.5 minutes long. Check out “Journeys in Podcasting” on Podbean or on iTunes. Chris’ blog is “Celebrating CNG Elementary.”
by Wesley Fryer
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Gameification is SO Much More Than Badges - 2015
- Using iPads in the Classroom? Check Out Classkick - 2015
- Visual Notes from Steven Anderson & Kyle Pace's ISTE Session for Administrators - 2013
- Open Educational Resources: Share, Remix, Learn #iste11 - 2011
- Copyright and licensing considerations when importing library audiobooks - 2010
- A great day of conversations at EduBloggerCon09 - 2009
- Leveraging social media tools for social change - 2009
- Wish a particular tool existed? Learn how to get it made! We'll design a tool together - 2009
- EduBloggerCon: Web 2.0 Smackdown - 2009
- A light table, sand, music, tragic history and a phenomenal artist - 2009