Next Monday night, on July 27th at 7 pm, I’m going to share a short presentation at the monthly OKC area WordPress User’s Group meeting. This is a free meetup at Oklahoma Christian University the last Monday of each month. The title of my presentation will be, “Podcasting Options with WordPress.” In addition to discussing the benefits of podcasting, podcasting workflows, and apps which make podcasting much easier (Opinion and Spreaker) I’ll highlight the benefits of three WordPress plugins for podcasting: PodLove Player, Blubrry PowerPress, and PodLove Publisher. I’ll highlight why I now host most of my podcasts on Amazon S3: It’s so much cheaper than all the alternatives! I will also briefly discuss the benefits of normalizing podcast audio using a service or app like Auphonic.
Here are the slides I plan to use for the presentation. I’ve shared these as a Google Presentation, so many of the icons/images on the slides are “live links” to corresponding web resources and apps. If there are other concepts or WordPress plugins you think I should address and share in this presentation, please let me know via a comment on this post or via Twitter.
I created an image of the podcasting workflow slide, and added it to the “Radio Shows” page of ShowWithMedia.com. That page includes additional resources on podcasting / radio shows which may be helpful. Most of the icons I used are openly licensed on iconarchive.com. Most are linked in the Google Presentation to their source location.
by Wesley Fryer
If your schedule permits, please join us for this free WordPress meetup in Edmond, Oklahoma, on Monday, July 27, 2015. You can RSVP on the Meeup website for the group.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Understanding the Weaponization of News Media with danah boyd - 2018
- Podcast416: Reflections on Create, Make & Learn 2014 - 2014
- Migrating from Podcast Generator to WordPress and Podlove - 2013
- Barnes & Noble Nook eBook Store: A Click Away from "Adult" Content - 2012
- 17 Embedded Videos and Screencasts in Playing with Media EPUB eBook - 2011
- Is your state department of education providing full text RSS / web feeds yet? - 2010
- Coming in November 2010: Harry Potter 7 (Part 1) - 2010
- We need a Government 2.0 Election App for Voters - 2010
- Learning, memory, stories, and books to read - 2009
- Thoughts about an after school Scratch club - 2009