This past Thursday I had an opportunity to attend and participate in EdCampEOC, held in Choctaw, Oklahoma, about 30 minutes to the east of where we live in OKC. During and after session 2, I met Ben Hlavaty (@czeckeredpast). Ben is starting his second year as the high school Video Production & Digital Photography Instructor at Eastern Oklahoma County Technology Center. Ben is a very interesting guy for several reasons. His 2014 film, Unbreachable, was featured two evenings in the June Dead Center Film Festival, held here in Oklahoma City. Ben is also the founder of the Clean Shorts Film Festival (@cleanshorts), and his students at EOC Technology Center serve as judges for the festival. This is a global film festival and contest, and they received hundreds of entrants last year. As someone very interested in digital storytelling and opportunities for students to showcase their digital media talents, I was very interested to learn more about Clean Shorts. Ben recorded a 2.5 minute video interview with me just before lunch on Thursday at EdCamp, sharing a bit more background about the festival. Check it out, and consider inviting student videographers you know to enter in this year’s contest!
by Wesley Fryer
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Green Screen Videos to Share with Teachers - 2016
- Sheldon Whitehouse responds to Jim Inhofe on Climate Change - 2014
- 2010 K-12 Online Conference Call for Proposals #k12online10 - 2010
- Digital Citizenship in the Cyber Community (free webcast) - 2009
- Podcast324: Gaming, Fun, and Digital Citizenship at the Internet Cafe in Cushing, Oklahoma - 2009
- To succeed we must fail - a LOT - 2009
- Go Green, Go Electric" featuring Miles Electric vehicles wins 1st place - 2009
- Password common sense not common - 2009
- Smart Technologies whiteboard software now requires product keys for installation - 2008
- Multiple Intelligences - 2008