Last night I had the opportunity to interview author and screenwriter Rene Gutteridge as part of a new webinar series for the Oklahoma City-based Writer’s Conference “Write Well, Sell Well.” The conference is just around the corner, October 23-24, 2015. Rene has published 25 books to date. The screenplay adaptation of one of her books, Skid, won “Oklahoma Best Feature” at the summer 2015 Dead Center Film Festival in Oklahoma City. Rene shared many things which resonated with me as an aspiring author and writer. Her advice about editors (how to perceive them and utilize their skills to hone your own ideas) as well as encouragement to “step out of your box” and try new things which will stretch your skills through new experiences were messages I needed to hear. Check out the archived video on YouTube of our Google Hangout together. The video runs 62 minutes. Also register for the next webinar in our series coming up September 15, 2015: “COMMON PITFALLS THAT CAN KEEP YOU FROM GETTING PUBLISHED — And How To Avoid Them” with author Melanie Hemry.
by Damian Gadal
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Lessons Learned with Website eBook eCommerce Continue (August 2018) - 2018
- A Case Study: How NOT to Set Up a WordPress Site - 2011
- Creating a course audio lecturecast (podcast) with Podcast Generator - 2010
- Why ALL Learners Need Laptops NOW! (SlideShare Slidecast) - 2010
- What questions do you have about copyright? - 2009
- Proposed Fall Conference Sessions - 2009
- Believe in your students, colleagues, and believe in yourself - 2008
- Darfur Issues highlighted via a student-created Southpark style video - 2008
- Podcast277: A Conversation with Carol Anne McGuire - Imagineering the Ideal K-6 Classroom Learning Environment (Part 2) - 2008
- Copyright and recording full-length library books - 2008