Last night I had the opportunity to interview author and screenwriter Rene Gutteridge as part of a new webinar series for the Oklahoma City-based Writer’s Conference “Write Well, Sell Well.” The conference is just around the corner, October 23-24, 2015. Rene has published 25 books to date. The screenplay adaptation of one of her books, Skid, won “Oklahoma Best Feature” at the summer 2015 Dead Center Film Festival in Oklahoma City. Rene shared many things which resonated with me as an aspiring author and writer. Her advice about editors (how to perceive them and utilize their skills to hone your own ideas) as well as encouragement to “step out of your box” and try new things which will stretch your skills through new experiences were messages I needed to hear. Check out the archived video on YouTube of our Google Hangout together. The video runs 62 minutes. Also register for the next webinar in our series coming up September 15, 2015: “COMMON PITFALLS THAT CAN KEEP YOU FROM GETTING PUBLISHED — And How To Avoid Them” with author Melanie Hemry.
by Damian Gadal
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- A Case Study: How NOT to Set Up a WordPress Site - 2011
- Creating a course audio lecturecast (podcast) with Podcast Generator - 2010
- Why ALL Learners Need Laptops NOW! (SlideShare Slidecast) - 2010
- What questions do you have about copyright? - 2009
- Proposed Fall Conference Sessions - 2009
- Believe in your students, colleagues, and believe in yourself - 2008
- Darfur Issues highlighted via a student-created Southpark style video - 2008
- Podcast277: A Conversation with Carol Anne McGuire - Imagineering the Ideal K-6 Classroom Learning Environment (Part 2) - 2008
- Copyright and recording full-length library books - 2008
- Podcast188: The Oklahoma Digital Centennial Project - 2007