I’ve started a new weekly “technology tip” video series as our school’s director of technology. This week’s video is titled, “Ransomware, Backups & Google Drive,” and was prompted by this week’s News9 article, “Virus Hits Moore Public Schools Computer Systems.” This incident involved CryptoLocker, which is a very bad type of malware known as “ransomware.” In this narrated slideshow I review several different backup options in ascending order of cost, including cloud-backup options.
Access additional videos from this series in this YouTube Playlist, and on the Videos page of our Casady School IT Department Support website. Those include last week’s technology tip video, “Upload a New Revision of a Google Drive File” and a video this week for our users of Google Classroom, “Share iPhone Voice Recording to Google Classroom.”
Most of the images and icons I used in this narrated slideshow are from the Noun Project and PhotosForClass.com. I created this presentation using Google Slides (available below) and recorded the screencast using ScreenFlow software.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- We Are The Miners of Minecraft (A Clever Queen Remix) - 2013
- Download Large AudioBooks from Audible Over 3G on an iPhone - 2012
- Share Student Media in September: Win an iRig Microphone! - 2011
- Digital Footprints After Death or Traumatic Injury - 2011
- Dreaming of a world with less email - 2010
- Pocket Informant for iPad Google Calendar Sync - 2010
- Wikipedia as a Digital Magazine: Discover Cooliris - 2010
- VoiceThread a security threat? - 2008
- What does teaching and learning 2.0 look like - 2008
- Questioning school funding trends and mandatory attendance - 2007