If you are a WordPress user or interested in WordPress, come to the FREE OKC WordPress Users Group on Monday, September 28th at Oklahoma Christian University (OC) in Edmond. The meetup starts at 7 pm. I’ll be presenting on the topic, “Managing WordPress Installations in CPANEL.” Some of the topics I plan to address include:
- What is CPANEL & Why Use It?
- Installing WordPress with CPANEL’s File Manager
- MySQL Wizard in CPANEL
- Security Considerations for New WordPress Installs (UserIDs, Table Prefixes & Wordfence!)
- Managing MySQL Databases and Users in CPANEL
- Creating Subdomain WordPress Websites (like eyesright.speedofcreativity.org)
- Using Add-On Slot Websites in CPANEL
- Using phpMyAdmin to Repair and Optimize WordPress PHP Tables
- Recommended Starter Plug-ins
This is a monthly users group and there’s always plenty of new stuff to learn, whether you are a WordPress newbie or guru. Hope to see you there.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- How Microsoft is Poised to Destroy MinecraftEDU - 2016
- Don't Equate Competency With Identity - 2014
- First iPad Digital Story with Hokusai and iMovie for iPad - 2012
- Google UK Employees talk about Family Internet Safety - 2010
- Join the K12Online08 flashback and K12Online09 preview - LIVE this Saturday on EdTechTalk! - 2009
- Help needed with WordPress plugin theme file syntax - 2009
- Digital Nation Call for Participation - Thinking about Digital Learning Activities - 2009
- COV project website updates and a group for Oklahoma TitleIID winning districts - 2008
- Delicious visual tag clouds, Classroom eZines, Wikis as files and Creating the Universe with Spore - 2008
- Podcast282: A Conversation with Superintendent Doug Taylor about Student Engagement, Digital Storytelling, and Collaborative Digital Technologies - 2008