This podcast is a recorded reflection on the 2015 Miami Device Conference by Shelly and Wesley Fryer. The second Miami Device Conference was held at Saint Stephen’s Episcopal Day School in Coconut Grove, Florida on November 12-13, 2015. In this audio podcast, Shelly and Wes reflect on many of the keynotes and breakout sessions from the conference, as well as other takeaways from this epic learning event! Check out the podcast shownotes for links to referenced resources.
- Sharing Learning from Miami Device 2015 (contains lots of links from #miamidevice sessions)
- Flickr photo album from Miami Device 2015
- SeeSaw: Student Driven Digital Portfolios
- Using Perimeter and Area in MinecraftEdu at Casady School
- Wes’ MinecraftEDU Resources (including the ” Minecraft Treehouse Challenge“)
- Ferrite Recording Studio (free iPad app we used to record this podcast – hat tip to @joedale)
- Ten Creative Alternatives to Standardized Tests by @spencerideas
- Download John Spencer’s “free Creative Classroom Toolkit”
- Fuel for Educational Change Agents (supplementary podcast channel)
- The Mobile Learning Experience (Arizona conference)
- iPadPalooza (Texas conference)
- Elon Musk (@elonmusk) article series recommended by @charliemahoney by @waitbutwhy: Part 1 -Elon Musk: The World’s Raddest Man, Part 2 – How Tesla Will Change The World, Part 3 -How (and Why) SpaceX Will Colonize Mars, Part 4 -The Cook and the Chef: Musk’s Secret Sauce
- Audacity (open source software used to edit this podcast)
- Auphonic (online web service used to normalize this podcast)
- Shelly Fryer on Twitter: @sfryer
- Shelly Fryer’s Classroom “home base” website: classroom.shellyfryer.com
- Shelly Fryer’s professional blog: www.shellyfryer.com
- Wesley Fryer on Twitter: @wfryer
by Wesley Fryer
All past “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcast episodes are archived, dating back to August 2005.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Reasons to Invest in Education - 2011
- 3 External Microphone Options for iPads (Nov 2011) - 2011
- Captions and Cross-References for Automatic Page Numbers in MS Word - 2011
- Pennsylvania Newspaper Article / School Tech Director Misrepresents CIPA - 2011
- Ready for the Creativity World Forum #cwf2010 - 2010
- Learning about the amazing iOS Square Credit Card solution - 2010
- Remembering the amazing Grape iMac: 266 mHz with a 6 GB Hard Drive - 2010
- Accessing the web where URL shorteners don't work? Problem solved with Untiny - 2009
- Branching surveys and self-grading quizzes in Google Forms / Google Docs - 2009
- Ustream chat moderation lessons and Coursecasting opinions - 2008