— John Spencer (@spencerideas) November 26, 2015
Here are my initial ten thoughts, with the first one contributed by my wife, Shelly:
- Seesaw is a great free platform for sharing classroom media and learning with students, parents and student mentors.
- Tweet Nest is a great free PHP program for creating a searchable archive of tweets, which can function as a “information trap.” (Mine is installed at twitter.wesfryer.com)
- EdCamps are wonderful, free opportunities for educators to share ideas and collaborate.
- Flipboard is a powerful and free digital magazine, which converts Twitter lists into a visually browsable, media-rich newspaper.
- Flickr is a flexible and free platform for finding and sharing digital photos.
- Opinion is a terrific, free iOS app for creating, editing and sharing digital radio shows (podcasts) on the go. (Shelly has a great classroom podcast powered with Opinion!)
- YouTube is a free, device agnostic platform for sharing an unlimited quantity of high definition videos with a global audience.
- The YouVersion Bible is a free mobile app including lots of a bible translations in many languages.
- WordPress is a free, open source website content management and digital publishing platform which powers over 30 different websites I maintain.
- YouTube Capture is a free iOS app which significantly streamlines the workflow of editing and publishing video collages to YouTube.
10 non-digital things I am thankful for:
- Love of our family
- Jesus Christ
- My new job
- Telecommunications technologies which let us stay in touch better than ever
- Audiobooks (ok that is actually digital…)
- Our church family
- My wife
Now it’s YOUR turn!
by Wesley Fryer
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Students Need Teacher Relationships Not Just Adaptive Software & Videos - 2015
- Consider Upgrading Your Home Cable Modem to DOCSIS 3.0 - 2014
- Hangin' Out with Brad and Drew - 2013
- A Free iPad Alternative to BoardDocs For Meeting Agenda and File Sharing - 2013
- Creating a Customized URL Shortener with YOURLS - 2011
- Stay Connected and Stay Warm with the Media Muff - 2010
- Google OS Could Reduce IT Department Demands - 2010
- Podcast335: Classroom Basics for 1:1 Computing by Shawn Massey and Wynn Draper-Bryant - 2009
- 7 Mac and iPhone Software Apps for which I'm thankful - 2009
- Read Facebook in Pirate English - 2009