Join Shelly Fryer (@sfryer) and Wesley Fryer (@wfryer) on Friday, January 15, 2016, for iCamp iPad Day at Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas: A full day of hands-on learning about using iPads in the classroom! The day’s agenda, required and optional apps, and referenced resources are linked on the Google Doc available via wfryer.me/icamp06. Participants will create a variety of media projects using iPads which can be readily adapted for classroom use with students in a variety of content areas and grade levels. All the apps utilized for these projects are FREE! Registration (including lunch) is $50 and available online via KSU.
iPad Media projects participants will create on January 15th include:
- a Photo Collage (using Pic Collage for Kids)
- a Narrated Photo (using Voice Record Pro)
- Visual Notes (using Forge – Visually Brainstorm)
- a Radio Show (using Opinion Podcasts)
- a Reflective Narrated Slideshow Video (using Adobe Voice )
Projects will be shared using the free Digital Portfolio app and platform SeeSaw, as well as via Twitter. Participants are encouraged to use the Twitter hashtag #iCampKSU to share their learning throughout the day.
This 2.5 narrated slideshow video, created with Adobe Voice by Shelly and Wes, provides an overview of some of the core messages of iCamp 2016.
If you are in or near Manhattan, Kansas, please make plans now to join us on Friday, January 15, 2016 for a transformational day of learning about creating classroom media projects with iPads at iCamp! For more resources related to iPad Media projects in the classroom, check out the websites for iPad Media Camp along with “Show What You Know with Media.”
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Podcast421: The 2014 EdTech Year in Review - 2014
- Open ZIP Files on an iPhone with Puffin, Dropbox and Goodreader - 2013
- 2011 in 60 Seconds [60in60 video] - 2011
- Stream Hulu+ to a HDMI Television with Airplay Mirroring, an iPad2 and Apple TV - 2011
- Virtuoso iPad Teacher - 2010
- iPad Document Camera and Ustream Setup - 2010
- A custom photo book for Nana - 2009
- Scanning with Apple's Preview Application - 2009
- Good experiences with Apple's Migration Assistant - 2009
- Congrats to the 2008 EduBlog winners! - 2008