Two of my teachers have emailed me today for Stopmotion video iPad app suggestions. Here’s what I sent them. If you have alternative suggestions please let me know with a comment or Twitter reply to @wfryer.
Here are 2 StopMotion apps which are free and work well:
Stop Motion Cafe: (this is the one my STEM kids used extensively the past 2 years)
There are lots more available but you have to be careful because some are FREE but you have to pay an in-app upgrade to do things like export to video to the camera roll. For some of those, there are full featured versions that we can buy, so no in-app purchases are needed. I’ll be glad to help you with either of these – let me know. 🙂
Here’s a 5 minute video I recorded for my students a couple years ago about how to use Stop Motion Cafe to make Lego stopmotion:
More resources and student stopmotion video example projects are available on the Lego Stopmotion page / Maker Studio page of my STEM curriculum site.
Update: Kelly Dumont recommends the free app KOMA KOMA for stopmotion videos, so we’re going to also give that one a try on our school iPads.
— Kelly Dumont (@kdumont) January 5, 2016
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- We Need More Curious Dreamers, Tinkerers and Makers - 2016
- Why I Switched My WordPress Web Host from WP Engine to Site5 - 2014
- Optimize a Google Site for Mobile Accessibility and Metrics - 2012
- Photo 365 Projects on Seedlings: Thurs Jan 6th - 2011
- Upset about Standardized Testing (Love Letter To Albuquerque Public Schools) - 2011
- Powerful Ingredients Videoconference today - 2010
- Access your notes even after your textbook subscription expires - 2010
- Copyright-friendly image source websites - 2009
- A whole lotta Twitter phishin goin' on - 2009
- Podcast214: Surrender of the Japanese to the United States Aboard the USS Missouri (a retelling in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii) - 2008