Two of my teachers have emailed me today for Stopmotion video iPad app suggestions. Here’s what I sent them. If you have alternative suggestions please let me know with a comment or Twitter reply to @wfryer.
Here are 2 StopMotion apps which are free and work well:
Stop Motion Cafe: (this is the one my STEM kids used extensively the past 2 years)
There are lots more available but you have to be careful because some are FREE but you have to pay an in-app upgrade to do things like export to video to the camera roll. For some of those, there are full featured versions that we can buy, so no in-app purchases are needed. I’ll be glad to help you with either of these – let me know. 🙂
Here’s a 5 minute video I recorded for my students a couple years ago about how to use Stop Motion Cafe to make Lego stopmotion:
More resources and student stopmotion video example projects are available on the Lego Stopmotion page / Maker Studio page of my STEM curriculum site.
Update: Kelly Dumont recommends the free app KOMA KOMA for stopmotion videos, so we’re going to also give that one a try on our school iPads.
— Kelly Dumont (@kdumont) January 5, 2016
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- We Need More Curious Dreamers, Tinkerers and Makers - 2016
- Why I Switched My WordPress Web Host from WP Engine to Site5 - 2014
- Optimize a Google Site for Mobile Accessibility and Metrics - 2012
- Photo 365 Projects on Seedlings: Thurs Jan 6th - 2011
- Upset about Standardized Testing (Love Letter To Albuquerque Public Schools) - 2011
- Powerful Ingredients Videoconference today - 2010
- Access your notes even after your textbook subscription expires - 2010
- Copyright-friendly image source websites - 2009
- A whole lotta Twitter phishin goin' on - 2009
- Podcast214: Surrender of the Japanese to the United States Aboard the USS Missouri (a retelling in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii) - 2008