I received an email recently from a teacher asking about resources to use in a school MakerSpace to integrate music and digital musical creation. This is what I suggested. If you have other thoughts, resources or links, please share them as a comment or a reply to @wfryer on Twitter!
Here are some resources for digital music creation which my 4th and 5th grade STEM students used the past year in our classroom Maker Studio. I also taught a multi-part, integrated STEM unit on the “Science & Technology of Sound & Music” which has good lesson ideas and resources. This is an example of an instructional video I created for students as part of this unit at a center where they could experiment and play with a “water phone:”
Also here are serveral free presentations from the K-12 Online Conference in past years which relate to music that might be helpful and give you ideas/resources:
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide! MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Digital Storytelling MeetUp with Joe Lambert: Friday, February 13 - 2015
- FREE iPad App Coffee Chats start Tuesday, February 7 in Edmond, Oklahoma - 2012
- Learning from a Master Teacher: Darren Kuropatwa #k12online - 2011
- Get ready for Sixth Sense Technologies - 2010
- Getting started video tutorials with WordPress - 2010
- Internet safety and our need to connect with teens - 2009
- Larry Lessig on the idiocy of current US copyright law - 2009
- Podcast301: How to Create a Great PowerPoint Without Breaking the Law: Take 2.0 by Alvin Trusty - 2009
- Hank Thompson WWII Interview - 2008
- Cyberbullying: How to Deal with Hi-Tech Harrassment by Terri Pulley - 2008