This evening I finished watching yesterday’s Apple Special Event video, in which Apple employees announced various product updates and refreshes. One of the updates I’m most interested in is the update to AppleTV. Among other things, it allows apps to be organized into folders, the same way users can organize apps on iOS devices like the iPhone and iPad. I recorded a six minute video showing how I’ve organized my AppleTV apps, and showing off a few of my favorites.
The apps I demonstrated included:
One app I meant to demonstrate but forgot is Littlstar, which is an amazing Virtual Reality (VR) app which includes interactive 360 panoramas within video documentaries. One I watched this evening is “Inside Syria VR,” a video included in ABC News’ VR website. I shared the VR movie “Clouds over Sidra” with our service learning students at school this semester, and they really found the perspective it gives to the Syrian refugee crisis to be powerful and moving.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Moderate comments on a Posterous Blog - 2011
- iPhone Tethering, Cellular Bandwidth Consumption, & the Home / School Internet Access Divide - 2011
- Open licensing of educational media content is KEY - 2010
- Help needed with WordPress Header Links CSS - 2010
- Tweet On: Microblogging can help you be more creative - 2010
- Podcast240: Travian Tips and Lessons Learned After Four Months Playing Online - 2008
- No medicine for you, the server is down - 2008
- Read/Write web political disruptions - 2007
- Evolving online security threats deserve more attention - 2007
- Thanks Glen! - 2007