This Saturday, April 16, I’ll be leading a “Scratch Camp Facilitator Workshop” from 9 am to 1 pm at the Casady School in Oklahoma City. This FREE, hands-on workshop for educators is sponsored by The Div (@thedivorg), a non-profit based in Edmond, Oklahoma, focused on providing coding experiences for students. If you’re interested in attending, we still have room if you register online. The Div will be organizing summer coding workshops for kids, and workshop participants may have paid opportunities to facilitate/lead these workshops/camps in Oklahoma.
This evening I spent several hours updating the Oklahoma Scratch Camp Google Site resource page for Saturday. This is the same Google Site I’ve used for past Scratch Camps in 2012 and 2013. All the resources are licensed CC-BY, so if there is anything here that you’d like to use please copy and use it with attribution! This is the Google Presentation I created, which includes a series of 11 “Keys for Successful Scratch Learning.”
I’m getting a little more skilled in my use of Google Sites these days, and included a dynamic “table of contents” for the workshop resource page at the top of the first content column. I included a variety of Scratch-related videos in the second column, including this new 30 second ad for Scratch from Cartoon Network which Mitch Resnik (@mres) tweeted about on Thursday.
— Mitchel Resnick (@mres) April 14, 2016
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- David Jakes on Learning Spaces (April 2016) - 2016
- Podcast402: Montana Teachers Share "Why We Teach" - 2013
- Understanding Why eBooks "Feel Different" - 2013
- Separate Wifi Access Point Works Best with Apple TV on Busy Network - 2012
- Tips for adding images to Custom Google Maps #gct - 2011
- Podcast345: Open Educational Resources (OER) - Iowa 1:1 Institute - 2010
- Podcast344: Technology Trends in Higher Education (April 2010) - 2010
- How do you feel about students bringing laptops to class? - 2010
- Learners and teachers as tour guides - 2008
- Comments I had missed - 2007