This podcast features an interview with Shelly Fryer, discussing the use of SeeSaw to create student portfolios, strategies for enriched assessment using iPads, and her recent experiences leading professional development workshops for Oklahoma A+ Schools. She also discusses her recent experiences at EdCampOKC, a regional “unconference” for area educators, her students’ recent eBook projects which culminated their Black History research unit, and reflected on STEM/STEAM lessons her her classroom Maker Studio. Shelly has been an elementary teacher and early childhood educator since 1985, and has been teaching 3rd and 4th grade students for the past four years in a 1:1 iPad classroom. Links to other referenced resources are included in the podcast shownotes. If you listen to and enjoy this podcast, please let Shelly and Wes know by sending a Twitter reply to @sfryer and @wfryer. Also consider subscribing to the “EdTech Situation Room” podcast (www.edtechSR.com) and the “Fuel for Educational Change Agents” podcast (audio.speedofcreativity.org). Your feedback and suggestions are welcome!
- Follow Shelly Fryer on Twitter: @sfryer
- Shelly Fryer’s Classroom Website
- Enriched Assessment with Technology by Shelly Fryer
- Technology 101 Skills for Teachers (blog post, 20 Nov 2016)
- Improve Student Literacy Skills with iPad Audio (presentation resources)
- Room 108 Classroom YouTube Channel
- Resources for Shelly Fryer and Kelly Carter’s workshop at Carver Early Childhood Center in Enid, Oklahoma, on February 20, 2017
- SeeSaw Learning Journal
- Shelly Fryer’s Classroom YouTube Channel (student projects)
- Oklahoma A+ Schools (@okaplus)
- EdCampOKC (@edcampOKC)
- Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter: @wfryer
- The EdTech Situation Room Podcast (@edtechSR)
- Fuel for Educational Change Agents Podcast
— Shelly Fryer (@sfryer) January 23, 2017
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Email Mail Merge Custom PDF Certificates with autoCrat for Google - 2016
- Workflow: Moderate Student Email-Posted Videos to YouTube - 2015
- No-Edit Audio Podcasting Videoconference (referenced links) - 2014
- A Story about Web Accountability and Club Penguin - 2013
- Brookstone Mini-Projector for iPhone4 - 2012
- All bloggers are not scrape blog pirates - 2011
- High Stakes Testing Must End in the USA - 2011
- Local Advocacy Update in Alabama by Bruce Ellard - 2011
- 2011 Alabama Legislative Session Update (10 March) - 2011
- Oklahoma City Podcasting Club - March 2010 Meeting Notes - 2010