Today I had an opportunity to share several presentations at the Kaw Valley Academy of Technology and Education (KVATE) in St. Marys, Kansas, 30 minutes from Manhattan where I grew up and my parents live. On the way back, I saw a sign just west of Belview for an Oregon Trail historical marker. Often when I’m traveling alone or with my family, I want to stop and read historical markers, but there isn’t time. Today, however, there was.
I took a series of photos and recorded about 7.5 minutes of video at the Louis Vieux Cemetery about 5 miles north of Highway 24, between Belvue and Wamego. I shot the video footage on my iPhone, but uploaded it to WeVideo and edited the clips there. I included some of my own still images and other related images I found online also. Next week, I’ll be facilitating the “Making Media” strand at the “Create, Make and Learn” STEM / MakerEd Institute in Burlington, Vermont, so I wanted to refresh my online video editing skills with WeVideo! Check out the finished video. I titled it, “Reflections on Grit and Persistence in the 1800s.” Count your blessings. I’m counting mine. We have little idea how easy we have it in so many ways, living in the 21st century.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Favorite iPad News Apps: July 2010 - 2010
- Storychasing Summer Camp - 2010
- Exemplary Digital Stories from Hugo, Oklahoma - 2009
- Be wary of personal experience generalizations and don't underestimate the power of your words - 2008
- A Quest for NetFlix Plus Functionality for Books - for Young Readers! - 2008
- links for 2008-07-24 - 2008
- Podcast267: A Discussion about Lego WeDo Robotics at NECC 2008 (Coming in January 2009 to North America) - 2008
- Empowering Oklahoma Educators to Preserve and Share Oral History - 2008
- Outlook to iPhone sync process working - 2007
- Videoconferencing coming cell phones near you - 2007