This podcast features a recording of Dr. Wesley Fryer’s opening keynote address at the 2017 KVATE (Kaw Valley Academy of Technology and Education) Conference on July 24, 2017, in St. Marys, Kansas. The title of the keynote was, “Inspiring Student Creativity with Media.” In addition to highlighting examples of “WOW work” by students (borrowing a wonderful term from Seesaw professional development coordinator Angela Gadtke @MrsGadtke) the keynote also included a “digital magic trick” demo using the new iOS app by Microsoft, “Seeing AI.” Google Slides shared during this keynote, including links to all referenced student examples and other resources, are available in the podcast shownotes or directly using the shortened web link http://wfryer.me/kvate2017. Check out the podcast shownotes for additional KVATE resources and links. If you listen to this podcast, please provide feedback to Wes either with a comment on this post or by sending a Twitter reply to @wfryer. Thanks for listening to Moving at the Speed of Creativity podcasts! Please subscribe using PocketCasts or in your own favorite podcatcher application.
- Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter: @wfryer
- Google Slides for this presentation
- Video: Narrated Art About a String Phone with AudioBoo
- BadgeList badge for “Narrated Image” (part of iPad Media Camp)
- Eclipse Safari App for iOS and Android (from Space.com)
- Eclipse Megamovie Project by Google
- AirServer Software
- Seeing AI app by Microsoft for iOS (free)
- The EdTech Situation Room Podcast (@edtechSR)
- Video: #Room108 Students Respond: “I Have a Dream…” (short version)
- Visual Communication with iOS InfoPics (resources for an ISTE 2017 BYOD session)
- Resources for Creating and Sharing InfoPics (on ShowWithMedia.com)
- BadgeList badge for “InfoPic” (part of iPad Media Camp)
All past “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcast episodes are archived, dating back to August 2005.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Indeed You Are Powerful - Digital Screen - 2015
- Furniture Quest for a Collaborative Classroom - 2015
- Other People's Photos Showing Up in my TwitPic Photo Stream - 2011
- Reading the Fine Print: Considering Different eBook Publishing Options for the iBookstore - 2011
- Podcast354: Behind the Curtain of the NORAD Tracks Santa Program - 2010
- Diigo now supports screenshots - 2010
- Podcast323: R U In My Space? Y Have A Social Media Policy Guideline? (NECC09 Preso by Karen Montgomery and Wesley Fryer) - 2009
- How can our school set up a team blog for teachers? - 2008
- Let's brainstorm ideas for Storychasers - 2008
- links for 2008-07-25 - 2008