Today was our February professional development day at school, and David Mochel (@ApplyAttention) was our presenter on”Mindful Self-Regulation – The Practice of Wellbeing & Lifelong Learning.” David’s TEDx talk from 2016, “What Are You Practicing Right Now?” is excellent and overlapped quite a bit with messages he shared with our faculty and staff this morning and afternoon.
As I’m now generally accustomed to do, I shared tweets on my main main professional Twitter channel (@wfryer) during the presentation today as David shared recommended books or made compelling points. This evening I created my first “Twitter Moment” with those tweets, which is very similar to a Storify archive. (Sadly, Storify has gone offline and is going to delete all old archives in May 2018.)
Check out some of my takeaways from today’s PD workshop with David in the Twitter moment I’ve embedded below. These themes of wellness, self-regulation and well being are SO important, and I found the messages both valuable and helpful today.
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard!
If you're trying to listen to a podcast episode and it's not working, check this status page. (Wes is migrating his podcasts to Amazon S3 for hosting.) Remember to follow Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wesley's Facebook pages for "Speed of Creativity Learning" and his eBook, "Playing with Media." Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Mapping Media to the Curriculum."
On this day..
- Tweeting Our Learning in USD 383 - Manhattan, Kansas - 2015
- Educational Vouchers are a BAD Idea for Oklahoma Students and Families (HB 3398) - 2014
- Podcast399: Cell Phone Digital Storytelling with Narrable - An Interview with Dustin Curzon - 2013
- A Story About Plagiarsim and Group Projects - 2013
- A Story About Parental Feedback on a Student Blog - 2012
- Another good reason for 1:1 learning at college - 2010
- Students interviewing students over Skype at school - 2009
- Join in book talk conversations about Little Brother by Cory Doctorow - 2009
- Does your organization embrace innovation and creativity, or seek to shoot change agents? - 2009
- Mathcasts and Presidential reports on VoiceThread - 2008