Welcome to episode 461 of Moving at the Speed of Creativity by Wesley Fryer, from March 18, 2018. This podcast features an introductory overview about instructional coaching and technology integration coaching specifically, drawing on the author’s experiences in this role with teachers since the late 1990s. In addition to defining instructional coaching, keys to successful instructional coaching experiences for mentor teachers as well as coaches are highlighted, as well as “lessons learned.” The second part of the podcast features an interview with middle school French teacher Blake Pardue, who has been connecting his students to “pen pal” classrooms of French speaking students in Europe and in Africa for several years. The past two years, Blake’s students have used the iPad app “Explain Everything” to create media-rich introductions of themselves and practice their French skills with their pen pals. This interview was a reflection with Blake Pardue and Wes Fryer about this year’s iteration of the Explain Everything project, which utilized the new “cloud based” and collaborative version. They discuss project procedures and lessons learned. Refer to the podcast shownotes for links to referenced apps and resources from the show.
- Subscribe to Moving at the Speed of Creativity Podcasts
- Follow Wes Fryer on Twitter: @wfryer
- Learning Showcase of Yukon Public Schools (Oklahoma)
- Learning Showcase of Casady School (Oklahoma)
- Show with Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?
- CNAME Change for Blogger websites on GSuite Domain
- Folio Collaborative (platform for faculty goal setting, mentorship and growth)
- Explain Everything (@explainevrythng)
- Seesaw (@seesaw)
- This podcast was normalized before publication on Amazon S3 with Auphonic
All past “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcast episodes are archived, dating back to August 2005.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- My Videoconference Is Not Working. What Can I Do? - 2020
- Excellent Videos on Hawaii Volcanos to Share with Students - 2018
- Share iPad-created eBook with DropBox - 2014
- Act Today to Encourage Teachers at Crutcho Public School - 2014
- Elementary STEM Idea Sharing (May 2013) - 2013
- Collaborative Learning Spaces for Students at Texas Tech - 2011
- Quickblogging Options: Comparing tumblr and posterous - 2010
- Visualizing Digital Storytelling PD with Wordle - 2009
- How can I import MPG files into iMovie - 2009
- Why should middle school students blog? - 2009