Welcome to Episode 462 of Moving at the Speed of Creativity podcasts, a now-wildly irregular podcast by Dr. Wesley Fryer (@wfryer) focusing on digital creativity, media literacy, digital literacy and instructional technology. This episode includes two segments. The first is an interview with Megan Thompson (@seeingnewshapes), our elementary art teacher at Casady School in Oklahoma City. This past spring, Megan had an opportunity to travel to the Chicago area and spend part of a day with Tricia Fuglestad (@fuglefun). Tricia is an amazing elementary art teacher and utilizes a wide variety of technologies in her classroom to encourage creativity and empower student expression. Shelly Fryer (@sfryer) and Wes interviewed Megan about her experiences, observations and takeaways from her time with Tricia in early June, 2018. The second segment of this podcast is a conversation between Shelly and Wes about their two recent Make Media Camp workshops (@MakeMediaCamp) with teachers in Kansas City and Oklahoma City. They highlight a variety of lessons learned and changes they’ve made to this one day media experience which introduces teachers to six different media projects and classroom activities: narrated images, photo collages, class radio shows / podcasts, paper-slide videos, Goose Chase mobile media scavenger hunts, and multimedia eBooks. Learn more about Make Media Camps on www.MakeMediaCamp.com, and access all workshop curricula from these workshops on the Archives link under Resources. Check out the shownotes for this podcast for links to additionally referenced resources.
- Subscribe to Moving at the Speed of Creativity Podcasts
- Tricia Fuglestad (@fuglefun) Dryden Art – Fugleblog and Fugleflicks
- Megan Thompson (@seeingnewshapes) – Classroom website
- Shelly Fryer (@sfryer) – Blog and Classroom website
- Follow Wes Fryer on Twitter: @wfryer
- Udall Foundation – Parks in Focus
- Book: How to Be an Explorer of the World: Portable Life Museum by Keri Smith
- Movie: The Music of Strangers (2015)
- Odyssey Leadership Academy – Oklahoma City
- Book: Neuroteach: Brain Science and the Future of Education by Glenn Whitman and Ian Kelleher
- GoodNotes4 app for iOS
- Make Media Camp (@MakeMediaCamp)
- Make Media Intro Video (created with Adobe Spark Video for iPad)
- Seesaw Learning Journals
- How Do I use Activities in Seesaw?
- Make Media Camp Pedagogy (paper slide video from Make Media Camp)
- Ideas for Building Classroom Community (paper slide video from Make Media Camp)
- EdTech Situation Room (@edtechSR)
- Email Mail Merge Custom PDF Certificates with autoCrat for Google (March 2016 blog post about using autoCrat)
— Megan Thompson (@seeingnewshapes) June 19, 2018
Now we are learning how to create a classroom radio show / podcast in @makemediacamp from @sfryer. She is demonstrating how to use @opinionpod on an iPhone. We are also showing & recommending @anchor https://t.co/ildg3yLB2P #oklaed #create2learn #CasadyLearns pic.twitter.com/PS6IQIEXso
— Wesley Fryer ??? (@wfryer) July 13, 2018
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Understanding Russian Disinformation in U.S. Politics - 2019
- Road Trip Wireless Devices (July 2014) #SignOfTheTimes - 2014
- Create Make and Learn Conference: Day 1 Making Media Recap - 2014
- Getting it WRONG: The Economist on Educational Technology, Testing and School Reform - 2013
- Leveraging YouTube to Tell The Story of Your Non-Profit - 2012
- Add Video Annotations to a YouTube Video - 2012
- FAQs About iPads and Media in the Classroom - 2012
- How to Talk to Your Students About Copyright - 2011
- Avoid Double Cross-Posts from Twitter to Facebook using Visibli and Selective Tweets - 2011
- Think Before You Tweet - 2010