Welcome to Episode 464 of the Moving at the Speed of Creativity podcast, a show by Dr. Wesley Fryer (@wfryer) focusing on digital creativity, media literacy, digital literacy, digital citizenship, instructional technology integration and engaged learning both inside and outside the classroom. This episode features a reflection by Wes from the ATLIS 2019 Conference in Dallas, Texas, primarily on Media Literacy and his 3 hour workshop, “Filtering the Exoflood: Strategies for Media and Information Literacy.” All resources from the workshop are available on wfryer.me/exoflood. Refer to the podcast shownotes for links to the other websites and links referenced in this podcast. Remember to also subscribe to “The EdTech Situation Room” (@edtechSR), the weekly webshow and podcast Wes co-hosts with Jason Neiffer each week on Wednesday evenings. Also remember to subscribe to Wes’ (almost) weekly newsletter in which he shares a helpful technology tip, tool, text, and tutorial. Sign up on www.speedofcreativity.org/email-updates.
- Subscribe to Moving at the Speed of Creativity Podcasts
- Wes Fryer (@wfryer) – Blog
- Workshop resources: Filtering the ExoFlood: Strategies for Media and Information Literacy (shortened link: wfryer.me/exoflood)
- [VIDEO] Manipulating the YouTube Algorithm – (Part 1/3) Smarter Every Day 213
- YouTube Playlist of more Media Literacy Videos (curated by Wes)
- 10 Media Literacy Mini-Project Badges on Badgr.io
- Douglas Rushkoff: Program or Be Programmed (@rushkoff)
- Media Literacy Kahoot Quiz
- Wes’ Twitter Moments (several from ATLIS 2019)
- The EdTech Situation Room Podcast (@edtechSR)
- Sign Up for Wes’ Weekly Educational Technology Newsletter Updates
All past “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” podcast episodes are archived, dating back to August 2005.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- Zoom 101 for Small Group Leaders - 2020
- Innovating in the Fast Lane: The Role for Technology Leaders in the Coming Decade - 2018
- Digital Health and Wellness: A Cross-Disciplinary Approach - 2018
- Pictograph Memories at Camp Cimarron - 2017
- Tender and Sweet First Grade Blog Comments - 2014
- Egypt After Arab Spring: A Paper Slide Video Example and List.ly Bibliography - 2013
- Create a Multi-Track Radio Show (Podcast) with Audacity - 2013
- Create a Free Classroom Photo Sandbox with Picasa #gct - 2012
- Multipoint Videoconferencing: H.323 & Skype on the Blue Jeans Network - 2011
- Alternatives to Ning if free Ning sites are all shut down? - 2010