Two weeks from today on Saturday, September 14, 2019, Storychasers will host a 1 day conference in Oklahoma City focused on podcasting. I’ll be sharing the opening keynote, inspired by the musical “Hamilton,” titled, “Who Tells Your Story?” Registration is just $25 via EventBrite, and includes both lunch and a tshirt. What deal! Right now we have about 30 people registered, and there is room for more. While many of our registered conference participants are educators, and several of the conference breakout sessions will specifically address educational contexts for classroom podcasting, ANYONE interested in podcasting is welcome to register and come!
Some of the websites, apps, software platforms and skills addressed in the planned conference breakout sessions include:
- Mobile / Quick Edit” podcasting with apps like Anchor, Voice Record Pro and Opinion
- Tips for starting a classroom podcast
- Tips for networking with other podcasting educators (led by Michelle Waters – @watersenglish)
- Podcast Editing with Audacity
- Creating and Finding “Podsafe” Music
- Audio File Formats: Conversion and Normalization Tools
- Podcasting Platforms: WordPress, Amazon S3, and Web Hosts
I’m going to audio record my opening keynote and will share it as a podcast later. If you’re interested in receiving a copy by email after the conference, please fill out this Google Form. If you can, please join us in person in Oklahoma City on September 14th!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- WordPress OKC Meetup Tips (August 2015) - 2015
- Enhanced / MultiMedia version of Playing with Media eBook Available - 2011
- 8th grade Oklahoma students in Del City get Macbook laptops #ok1to1 - 2010
- When you fall, get back up: It matters how you finish (inspirational video) - 2010
- YouTube and iTunes fame paying off for Alabama family - 2010
- I Need my Teachers to Learn (an amazing song and video by Kevin Honeycutt) - 2009
- OKC WordPress Aug09 Users Group Notes - 2009
- DRM, Libraries and Digital audio book checkout limitations - 2008
- Podcast187: Implications of the Attention Economy for Schools (Part 2 of 3) - 2007
- 100 new Internet users per minute?! - 2007