With the prospect of school closures because of mandated coronavirus quarantines looming large around the world, I’m creating a series of videos to help other teachers needing to effectively teach students from home / from a distance. If you find this helpful, please let me know by sharing a comment on the original YouTube video, by reaching out on Twitter to @wfryer, by using my electronic contact form, or leaving a comment below on this post. For the description on YouTube I wrote:
Why if you’re teaching at a distance, “virtual office hours” can be valuable and how to setup a Google Hangouts Meet videoconference for your students from within Google Calendar. Free if your school uses GSuite for Education (GSFE).
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, consider subscribing to Wes' free, weekly newsletter. Generally Wes shares a new edition on Monday mornings, and it includes a TIP, a TOOL, a TEXT (article to read) and a TUTORIAL video. You can also check out past editions of Wes' newsletter online free!
Did you know Wes has published several eBooks and "eBook singles?" 1 of them is available free! Check them out! Also visit Wes' subscription-based tutorial VIDEO library supporting technology integrating teachers worldwide!MORE WAYS TO LEARN WITH WES: Do you use a smartphone or tablet? Subscribe to Wes' free magazine "iReading" on Flipboard! Follow Dr. Wesley Fryer on Twitter (@wfryer), Facebook and Google+. Also "like" Wes' Facebook page for "Speed of Creativity Learning". Don't miss Wesley's latest technology integration project, "Show With Media: What Do You Want to CREATE Today?"
On this day..
- First STEM seeds Show: Monday March 3, 2014 - 2014
- Mirror an iPad2 on your Mac Laptop with Reflection App - 2012
- Normalize Audio Recordings Before Publishing a Podcast - 2012
- iBooks Not Working on Jailbroken iPhones: Here's the Fix - 2012
- What Skills Can Storychasers Develop? - 2011
- Embedding video on a Wikispaces site - 2010
- 5 options for commenting on VoiceThread digital stories - 2010
- Book recommendations for teachers to be (pre-service teachers) - 2010
- 30 new VoiceThread Comments on Eragon - 2010
- Netbooks prove cloud computing is a reality - 2009