Titled “PC Management in the Classroom: Kids, Computers, & Control– Practical Information, Tips and Tricks for Managing your School’s Computer Lab,” the eBook contains an updated version of an article I wrote about lab management software for the TechEdge a year ago. It also includes a bunch of new IT Guy tips I wrote that relate to computer lab management issues.
You can download a copy of the eBook for free after registering on www.techlearning.com/content/epubs/pcmanage/. The PDF version is about 2 MB in size, a DigitalWebBook version (unfortunately for Windows computers only) is also available.
I have been experimenting myself with the Zinio eBook reader (www.zinio.com) which runs on all variants of Windows as well as Mac OS 10.1 and newer operating systems. Pretty amazing, especially on a Powerbook. The future is here. Welcome to 21st century digital literacy.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Orientation Challenge in MinecraftEDU - 2014
- Block Text Messages / SMS Spam and Phone Calls on Your iPhone - 2012
- NCLB has killed creative teaching and energetic learning about science (at least before state testing) - 2010
- #ISTE2010 Constructivist Celebration and The Imagine It! Project - 2010
- How We're Reinventing the Blog by Sachin Agarwal (Posterous co-founder) - 2010
- Storychasers is looking for a new logo via @crowdspring - 2010
- Setup a new WordPress installation as a subdomain with Buddypress - 2010
- Internet Safety Issues: What can librarians do? - 2008
- Internet Crimes with Larry Boggess of OSBI - 2008
- Internet Safety Issues with Joel Gabel of Google - 2008