My dear father, Tom Fryer, is retiring from his 2nd career as an investments banker and financial planner after 21 years. In 1984, 3 years after our family had moved to Manhattan, Kansas to stay, Dad retired from the US Air Force after a career of 21 years.
Many things can make you feel old and realize that time goes by so quickly. Watching one’s children grow up is probably at the top of this list. Watching one’s parents grow old is probably second. Yet it is extremely exciting and invigorating also, to share life with people as they enter new seasons. I rejoice with my family at the incredible number of relationships and experiences which have taken place over the past two decades as Dad has worked in Manhattan for (first) Union National Bank, and now Commerce Bank.
Saludos to you Dad! Now just remember to not get TOO busy in retirement! 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Cautiously Optimistic About Iran and United States Relations - 2015
- Students Teach About Redstone Wiring in Minecraft - 2014
- Summertime and the Learning is Easy? - 2010
- Wanna Hitch? Tether Your Android or Blackberry Phone - 2010
- Technology Professional Development and Chocolate Cake - 2009
- EdTechTalk: Join our conversation about Netflix-style social networking about books for KIDS! - 2008
- links for 2008-07-16 - 2008
- Digital storytelling ideas from David and Dean - 2007
- Virtual Speed Dating (Web 2.0 style) intro - 2007
- About being Canadian - 2006