I love the board game Pictionary! I have for played it for years and loved it for years, but have never owned my own copy. This Christmas I was thrilled to receive it as a gift from my family.
I think I love Pictionary for the following reasons:
- It is competitive.
- It is all about effectively communicating ideas.
- It encourages participants to “play” where many are insecure in their amateur skill set: drawing. (I include myself in this perceptual group.)
- Pictionary games are inevitably full of laughter and fun.
- It is all about social interaction and cooperation for a shared goal.
I know I don’t laugh enough most days. Playing Pictionary is always an invitation to have fun and laugh with others, and that is probably the main reason I love it. 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- 10 Favorite Podcasts (December 2021) - 2021
- Merry Christmas 2012 - 2012
- Get ready for an exciting year to read (and share) media - 2009
- Drive by Wifi when 3G downloads exceed 10 MB - 2009
- Google Presentations are Mobile Phone Ready - 2009
- Holiday traditions around the world - 2007
- Modern day gnosticism - 2005