Five different issues can be considered educational banners worth waving, torches worth carrying into the darkness, and issues worth fighting for in 2006 and beyond in the contexts of teaching and learning as well as educational technology. In this podcast I discuss and explore these issues, and also highlight John Dewey’s definition of experience from “Art as Experience” as it may relate to personal and professional resolutions we can make for 2006.
Program Length: 24 min, 57 sec
File size: 5.7 MB
Show notes for this podcast include:
- Educational Banner Evangelism (my original blog post prompting this podcast)
- Digital Curriculum and The Last Mile: Providing Curricular Flexibility and Limitless Bandwidth
- EdTech Impact, COSN & Disruptive Technologies
- TechTonic: Towards a New Literacy of Technology (PDF) by the Alliance for Childhood
- The Web Standards Project
- World Wide Web Consortium (web standards organization)
- Podcast24: CCC Digital Immigrants (An Open Invitation)
- Lawrence Lessig’s “Free Culture” presentation
- Creative Commons
- The Electronic Frontier Foundation
- Advocating for educational deregulation! (blog post)
- “John Dewey and the Art of Teaching: Toward Reflective and Imaginative Practice” by Douglas J. Simpson, Michael J. B. Jackson, Judy C. Aycock
- Podcast of Dr. Simpson discussing “John Dewey and the Art of Teaching”
- “Art as Experience” by John Dewey
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- New Year's Discount: $10 Off Playing with Media Video Library Annual Membership - 2014
- Self-Hosting Oral History Audio (or Lectures) with Free Podcast Generator Software - 2013
- FREE Playing with Media Meetups in Oklahoma City in 2013 - 2012
- Learning Culture Change the Critical Focus for iPad 1 to 1 Projects - 2010
- Learning about the iOS app Stickershop from a 7 year old #edapps - 2010
- Hedonism, Politics, Authoritarianism, Twitter and Political Change - 2009
- Sausage Balls: The Culinary Delight of the Holiday Season - 2007
- ClaimID and website verification - 2007
- Riya and Photo Face Recognition - 2005
- Teacher Man - 2005