Yelp is a cool social networking website focused on reviewing and reading reviews of restaurants, night life hot spots, spas and “active life” destinations in a particular area. If you live in or are traveling to a major city (Boston, Chicago, Seattle, LA, NYC, Atlanta, Austin, etc) Yelp could be a great resource to find new places to go and eat, recommended by others living in or visiting that city.
Not a lot of reviews for the Lubbock area yet, looks like most of the contributors at this point are in the Bay area. Very cool example of web 2.0 social networking technology!
Check out my yelp at http://wesley.yelp.com. I added several reviews of restaurants in the Lubbock area this morning, along with my favorite dry cleaners! 🙂
I think Yelp should add a category for coffee shops! I learned about this from the latest “This Week in Tech” podcast.
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Workflow Publishing 30 Normalized Conference Audio Recordings - 2016
- #WhatIf My Ideas on School Reform Become Reality? - 2015
- Lego Stopmotion: Voldemort Meets Gandalf - 2014
- Faculty Require Mastery of Content and Skills - Not Just Technology Use - 2011
- Beautiful Transmediation Example: How To Be Alone - 2011
- Accessing Citrix from Ubuntu - 2010
- Avoid Twply.com and change your Twitter password frequently - 2009
- Categorizing web 2.0 sites by function - 2009
- Join Darren and other K12Online Conveners today LIVE on Manitoba radio and online - 2009
- Don't be awed by enhanced access to administrative academic data - Look for pedagogic changes instead! - 2009