Podcasting in higher education contexts can be organized into the following categories. I have included linked examples of each, more can be found on http://del.icio.us/wfryer/higheredpodcasts.
- Course-Casting: Course Content Delivery, Empowering Students with asynchronous/non-interactive content, aka podcast lectures (Physics 415: Thermal and Statistical Physics by Dr Carlson at Purdue, Faculty lectures in Stanford on iTunes)
- Interactive and Reflective Q&A: Dr David B. Miller’s iCube podcasts (undergrad intro psychology)
- Storytelling and Public Relations: College Public Relations (Research at Chicago, Texas Tech College of Education Podcasts)
- Virtual Conference/Symposium Resources: Extending a Conference or Symposium Dialog/Conversations (Duke Podcasting Symposium, UBC Podcasts, UNL Podcasts, Washington College of Law Podcasts, University of Virginia Podcasts, Podcastercon2006)
- Student Projects: Permiting students to demonstrate their understanding, knowledge and skills through an original podcast (iGeneration from the Univ of Western Australia, The Teacher as Leader: An Interview with John Dewey)
Gardner Campbell’s Educause review article “There’s Something in the Air: Podcasting in Education” is available in webpage, PDF, and mp3 audio formats, and is also an excellent resource on the pedagogy of podcasting in higher education.
If you know of other good examples not listed here, please comment and share the links! I am particularly interested in other examples of highered student project podcasts. 🙂
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Modern Learning in School: The 14 Legs of the Table - 2020
- Document Your World With HyperLapse Videos - 2015
- Cool iPad Art & STEAM Apps & Hacks - 2015
- Improving Student Writing Using iPads - 2014
- Use Appointment Slots on a Google Calendar - 2012
- Creative Math Word Problems about Rock Climbing & Mountaineering #favlesson - 2012
- Underwhelmed by iBooks Author Software - 2012
- A Creative Professional Resume on Prezi - 2011
- Considering Options to Reduce Monthly Wireless Bills - 2011
- Beatings, Electric Shock and Death for Internet Addicted Chinese Youth - 2010