This is an enhanced podcast that can be played through iTunes, viewed as a webpage, or heard as a mp3 version (see the show notes.) 21st century literacy skills (or digital literacy skills) and the skills cultivated in a high-stakes testing classroom environment seem to be mutually exclusive. This session from TCEA 2006 explores how blogging and podcasting can be used to cultivate the digital literacy skills our students need for success today and tomorrow.
Program Length: 39 min, 43 sec
File size: 10.8 MB
Show notes for this podcast include:
- View this enhanced podcast on a webpage
- A mp3 version of this podcast is also available. (Accessible/playable on any computer without iTunes or QuickTime)
- Digital literacy skills developed through podcasting (brainstormed session results)
- Sarah’s enhanced podcast about hedgehogs
- “A Whole New Mind: Moving from the Information Age to the Conceptual Age” (Daniel Pink)
- Flickr Creative Commons Search
- enGauge 21st Century Literacy Skills
- Mark Ahlness’s Mighty Writers (Arbor Heights Elementary School in Seattle, Washington)
- Mark Ahlness’ blog
- David Warlick’s blog
- Bob Sprankle’s Room 208 podcast and blog
- Radio WillowWeb (Omaha, Nebraska)
- Mike Hetherington’s Room 613 Student blogs
- Wesley’s social bookmarks of classroom blogs: http://del.icio.us/wfryer/classroomblogs
- Global Voices Project
- Into the Wind: Lina’s blog (from Jordan) and post about the Iranian Holocaust denial situation
- Voices on Global Genocide Prevention
- The Global Youth Fund
- Podcasting resources / help
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Good Fair Use Copyright Example in School: "Communities" and The Lion Sleeps Tonight - 2020
- Cell Phone Digital Storytelling with Narrable - 2013
- Visualizing Sharing #edushare - 2012
- Create iPad Stories with StoryPatch - 2011
- Cool Tools for the Classroom by Dr Carl Owens #msmeca11 - 2011
- Leading Schools with Digital Vision in a Bubblesheet World (Slidecast) #msmeca11 - 2011
- To what countries have you Skyped? (from Mississippi) #msmeca11 - 2011
- Outsourcing school district IT staff - 2010
- Online learning at Crescent, Oklahoma - 2010
- Teaching more content with an IWB is not transformational - 2010