This presentation at Education Service Center 10 in Richardson, Texas, today addressed different examples of K-12 educational podcasts, what RSS is, and resources for creating podcasts. We also discussed selling podcasts to other teachers and administrators as digital storytelling: a tool for helping motivate students to write and communicate better for an authentic audience. The only thing you need to create a podcast (besides a computer with Internet access) is a microphone along with free podcasting software.
Program Length: 59 min, 24 sec
File size: 14.3 MB
Show notes for this podcast include:
- Podcasting Help / Resources
- What is RSS? (a 6 minute QuickTime movie animation)
- Podcasting 101 Flowchart
- Speaking of History teacher podcast by Eric Langhorst of Liberty, Missouri
- Radio Willowweb from Willowdale Elementary in Omaha, Nebraska
- Room 208 Podcast: 3rd and 4th graders in Wells, Maine
- Sarah’s enhanced podcast about hedgehogs
- Alexander’s Solar Energy Experiment Video Podcast
- Mills Murfee Podcast: 2nd Graders in Lubbock, Texas
- Cultivating Digital Literacy Through Blogging and Podcasting (available as a standard mp3 podcast or an enhanced podcast)
- iTunes: Free podcatching software
- JuiceReceiver: Free podcatching software
- Classroom Audio Podcasting article (Podcasting as Digital Storytelling)
- Education Service Center Region 10: Richardson, Texas
Subscribe to “Moving at the Speed of Creativity” weekly podcasts!
Receive an email alert whenever a new Speed of Creativity podcast is published!
If you enjoyed this post and found it useful, subscribe to Wes' free newsletter. Check out Wes' video tutorial library, "Playing with Media." Information about more ways to learn with Dr. Wesley Fryer are available on wesfryer.com/after.
On this day..
- Backyard Astronomy Laser and iPhone App - 2016
- Reflections on the Daddy Daughter Dance - 2015
- Don't Judge the Creativity of All Chicago Teachers & PD Based On 1 Absurd Video - 2014
- Mapping Media to the Common Core (eMINTS Conference - Columbia, Missouri) - 2014
- Lights, iPad, Action: Original, Rich Multimedia Coming Soon to a Course Near You! - 2013
- Technology Today Enhanced ePub eBook - 2012
- Principal Evaluation System from McREL by Tony Davis and Kent Davis - 2012
- Tulsa Public Schools Teacher Evaluation Model by Jana Burk [Feb 2012] - 2012
- Danielson Framework for Teacher Evaluation in Oklahoma [Feb 2012] #oktle - 2012
- #wordpress user group 28 Feb 2011 Notes - 2011